This formulary is a prescribing list that includes the names of medicines approved by the Joint Formulary Committee (JFC) and Integrated Medicines Optimisation Committee (IMOC) for use across the South East London Integrated Care System:
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust (GSTFT)
- King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (KCH)
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust (LGT)
- South East London Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
Availability in each Trust is indicated within each drug entry. Infrequently used formulary products may need to be ordered if not routinely stocked.
This formulary does not contain the information necessary for prescribing, dispensing or administration. It should be used in conjunction with the British National Formulary (BNF), supplemented as necessary from specialist publications and manufacturers’ Summaries of Product Characteristics (SPC), local guidelines and national guidelines. It is intended for use by prescribers who have the necessary training and experience to interpret the information it provides.
Supplementary information is available from local Medicines Information/Formulary services:
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust (Medicines Information extensions 83849, 83855, 88750; Formulary extension 83854 - outside line 020 7188 3854)
- King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (extension 30355)
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust (Medicines Information 020 8836 4900; Formulary 020 8836 4847).
Unlicensed medicines or uses of licensed products that fall outside the marketing authorisation have been included for use in specific clinical settings, where these have been approved for formulary inclusion. Prescribers must take full responsibility for prescribing such products and comply with the Unlicensed Medicines Policy as approved at individual Trust level.
Every attempt has been made to ensure that the information in this formulary is correct, but errors may have occurred. Where there is doubt, information should be verified against relevant specialist publications